Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy OEM VE Front Dash 12V Socket Install (Alternative to Cigarette Lighter purchase)

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Old Thread but just a big Thanks for those who took the time to post Info.Finally got around to installing the G-8 kit in my 2012 VE.No problems other than worries about breaking plastic that's been in the Oz sun .
After the local Holden Dealer told me they weren't available any more,they are flat stick in the Parts Dept. and anything out of the ordinary seems to be not available,i wasted a lot of time on Ebay USA trying to find a wrecker with one,most didn't reply but of those that did many said they go as soon as the Car gets offloaded and they get US$50 for them.Another said he had fielded a dozen or more enquiries from Aust. which is surprising as he said it is still a current GM part No.
After hearing that i rang around the Holden Dealers and finally found one with the time to order one in for me from Melb.,the previous part No.in the Thread is still current,cost is $42.
The Smokers pack is still available from some Dealers that have stock,$132,but i don't think you can order it anymore from Melb.

Available from Autobarn the Narva part No.'s to make a neat 2pin to 3pin lead are.
56272BL...&
56273BL.

Cheers......

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
I got the Pontiac front smokers pack a few years ago. I don't smoke, just needed the socket for a bluetooth unit and the flip up lid looks tidy. Don't remember exactly but think it was about $70.

FrontAngular_zps98a1ae1a.jpg

Gaffers73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sv6
I know it’s an old post but does anyone know if the rear part of the smokers pack will fit in VE2 commodore .. Holden said there not sure as it isn’t listed but they think it’s the same part ??

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Also wondering if these exist with a silver door to suit the Berlina dash?
The socket in the console is a pain

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I know it’s an old post but does anyone know if the rear part of the smokers pack will fit in VE2 commodore .. Holden said there not sure as it isn’t listed but they think it’s the same part ??

Same.

Gaffers73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sv6
Ok so it’s the same awesome thanks for that .. will order the kit on Monday .., thanks again

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The rear part (and the way it goes together) of the centre console is more or less identical S1 and S2.
There was a slight change in late Sept '07. It doesn't seem to concern the way the compartment that the 12v outlet assembly will fit in.

It will seem like a substantial job taking the centre console apart to get to the wiring though.

Hopefully it comes with a patch harness that allows it to be plugged into the console bin power plug.

Edit: Just went and had a look at mine (It's out of the car at the moment) There is a 3 pin plug under the console that is 12v, earth and interior lighting. Don't recall if that is used for anything on mine.
(I have replaced the 12v socket in the console bin with an after market one)

If that is the plug, then you might only need to undo the rear part of the console to reach it.

Attachments

• IMG_8978.JPG
    IMG_8978.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 301

Gaffers73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sv6
The rear part (and the way it goes together) of the centre console is more or less identical S1 and S2.
There was a slight change in late Sept '07. It doesn't seem to concern the way the compartment that the 12v outlet assembly will fit in.

It will seem like a substantial job taking the centre console apart to get to the wiring though.

Hopefully it comes with a patch harness that allows it to be plugged into the console bin power plug.

Edit: Just went and had a look at mine (It's out of the car at the moment) There is a 3 pin plug under the console that is 12v, earth and interior lighting. Don't recall if that is used for anything on mine.
(I have replaced the 12v socket in the console bin with an after market one)

If that is the plug, then you might only need to undo the rear part of the console to reach it.

Thankyou .. from what I have read that spare power plug is for the 12v socket in the smokers pack .. Holden said the rear one was for up to models 2008 .. but they said that it should fit .. so I shall order the smokers pack on Monday and try and install the fron and rear .. also ordered the boot one for my fridge ... I shall let you all know how I go ... thanks for all your help and advice

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Also wondering if these exist with a silver door to suit the Berlina dash?
The socket in the console is a pain

Its more than a pain,its ridiculous.
A few years back a Dealer told me the VE Cabin interiors were crafted by a Female Design Team,not sure if that's true but socket/usb locations should never have made it into production.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I like how the VZ interior goes together.
The VE was "crafted" by an evil engineering team.