Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy Outs = Fkn not so easy...

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey all,

Took my spoiler off today to sort out an issue with my brake light that is on it.
3 of the bolt heads snapped off in the process.. Thankyou holden for your bodge rusted out screws.
Anyway.

Tried to get these out with 'easy outs' fkn waste of time, now one has an easy out stuck inside one of the screws, anyone got tips for getting this out or should I just kick the spoiler against the fkn wall ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just drill it out and retap the hole again.Ive had then snap off before too,theres nothing worse,a real pain in the arse..

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Cheers Brett,

apologies about angry post, I'm just pretty savage I did it.
have been slowly drilling at it..managed to snap 1 drill bit so far.. hoping to get it out with this next one...

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
because the ezyouts are hardened and the drill bit is hardened you will need a few drillbits, this job is a pain, sorry my post is not that helpful but I have been there with the rear exhaust manifold studs in the VL where you just can't get the drill into.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
What easy outs did you buy? I got the kingchrome one's and worth every cent, twice as much as the cheapo's but to me, paying $30 for a better brand is worth it :D

Btw good luck man, snapped bolts are a bastard...

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
I bought a set for about $70, a no name brand I think..

Spent about 30 mins on it, managed to get a little bit in there, but still a ways to go.
Attempted one of the other bolts, ended up drilling through the whole thing rather than using an easy out. I'll have to rethread it and use a slightly bigger screw.

Can't wait to get it back n though, feel naked and that my car looks strange without it, especially with holes in the boot!