Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easy way to clean the oil pick up on a VN?

Richxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina, VN Berlina, XY Fairmont V8
Hi all,
Have a VN V6 Belina, Starts all good etc, but Drives 4 kms & looses oil pressure, I'm pretty sure its the oil pick up, But don't want to drop the crossmember etc,
Do you think pulling the filter off & back flushing with maybe turps or kero, a bit of compressed air would do the job? Just gotta get it going again?, only a A-B car,
Has any one done this before?
Many thx
Rich

wnt 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr execitive
what u have said mate is the easy est way i have done it with a 5ltr but dont see it could be much diffrent
but i pulled the oil pump off and got the compresser out and blow some air to find witch hole gose to pick up
i use kero throw ming when u do it make sure u only use cheap **** oil for the first week after doin so then put
new filter and good oil in
if have any dramers pm me and i will try help u best i can

Richxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina, VN Berlina, XY Fairmont V8
Cheers, Was wondering where my post went, Thx for the info, thought that would work will give it a try soon,
Wow a VN sunvisor like a XY or HQ one? Did they make many for VN? were they on, like Taxi's &? Will keep an eye out, I'm in the Country area, never know your luck around here, just hope I don't lose the post again,
Thx Again
Rich