Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eaton m90 onto Vn 3.8L

Nackerrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn executive
G’day everyone, first time poster long time reader. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or it has been spoken about before.

I have searched and searched the net to try and find answers but cannot find anyone that’s has managed to fit the Eaton m90 supercharger to a vn series 2 v6 engine. The only thing I can find is a cast adapter plate. I have a mate that is a machinist that I can get to machine the manifold down to allow fitting of the adaptor plate. Or I could just fab a

interested to know if anyone has done this or used a similar top mount supercharger instead of side mount or the sc14 chargers.
I know it would be easier just to drop an l67 motor and box in but I just love the idea of having the m90 on the old Buick.

any help or suggestions appreciated. If I could get this to work I would be more then happy to share info and photos along the way. Thanks!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will be a nightmare at best. I looked at all my options on the old ute and a Raptor was going to be the best choice. I never saw it through, I was working towards it and had the engine side all sorted but I crashed the old ute, so I sold it and moved on.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Have a sticky at this....It's VN V6 with a supercharger....Not 100% sure what type, but I'm sure if you scroll through the videos you should find out

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Have a sticky at this....It's VN V6 with a supercharger....Not 100% sure what type, but I'm sure if you scroll through the videos you should find out
Supermang = l67

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The cheapest option for the best results is a Raptor or a turbo kit. The L27 and 36 love boost but going a top mount limits your capabilities. If you follow carnage above he didn't even hit 220rwkw for all that effort and cash

You could commission a manifold/plate/cooler build to suit the m90 but if you did that I'd personally go for a 112 and up the ante

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A Raptor will be easier on the rods and bearings, as the make max HP in higher rev range.
The reason you can't find anything on fitting a M90 on an L27 is because no one is doing it. The effort and cost to make it work far outweighs the benefits. I looked into myself, hence why I was hoping to fit Raptor before I wrote the ute off.
On the Australian L27 you can't even easily fit an M62 and they came out with them in the States. Tonyz Turbo will be better than a Raptor but Raptors are cool.

Nackerrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn executive
Thanks everyone for the advice. I’ve tracked down a supercharger manifold for my motor, I just have it sitting a spare block at the moment. Wondering if someone can please identify what charger sits on top. Thanks
F7965569-DD30-467A-8CCC-B0E19B63664B.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looks like an Australian M62 manifold. Good score if you got it really cheap, they are hard to find.

Nackerrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn executive
Looks like an Australian M62 manifold. Good score if you got it really cheap, they are hard to find.

thanks, only paid $130 for it, just need to chase down a sc for it now

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
M62 if that's definitely what it is, will likely run out of puff. Not sure if Bazspec can do anything with them to help make the 62 worth fitting?