Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay brake covers

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
ok yes i know theres going to be a lot of people who are going to say their fake and gay etc but i think they look better than painting your calipers

but since they're pretty much glued on with sikaflex when its time to change pads what do you do? have to snap them off?

discuss please :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
More importantly do you trust plastic and glue on you brake calipers? The devices integral in stopping your car. Do you think the chance of them adversely affecting your brakes is worth it, just to achieve some supposed looks?

uteaddict

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series 2 Utility
As above, you run the chance of the covers heating your pads/rotor more than they should, which may lead to warping of your rotor which you do not want. I was looking at them myself a while back. Just paint your calipers black and save the possible issues

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
While any adverse affects on braking are very unlikely, these covers are gayer than AIDS.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Brembo brake covers on standard PBR brakes.

If you want cool looking brakes, buy the real thing. It's like putting a GTR badge on a standard non turbo skyline. Like putting a GTS badge on an executive commodore. You want the look, fork out and buy the real thing.

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Brembo brake covers on standard PBR brakes.

If you want cool looking brakes, buy the real thing. It's like putting a GTR badge on a standard non turbo skyline. Like putting a GTS badge on an executive commodore. You want the look, fork out and buy the real thing.

really? spend 2-3k compared to 20 dollars? lol i dont think so

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not this **** again....