Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay dilemma

sad

Reaction score
hi guys, what do you do when you bid for something but you bid 3 times as much as your limit and have since changed your mind and no one else has bidded since?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Can't really do to much, you can retract a bid if you enter the wrong amount or something (eg, you entered $1000 and meant $100) but is should be done immediately.

Depending on how long the auction has left you may not be able to retract the bid, perhaps contact the seller and explain ?

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
You can retract your bid under certain circumstances. Go to the help menu in Ebay (At the ebay home page, there is a 'help' tab on the right hand side of where the Buy, Sell, My Ebay tabs are at the top of the page). There is a list of the top questions towards the top of the help page, and one of them is about retracting bids. If this doesnt show up just do a search, or use the help a-z index.

I think they have made it harder to retract bids these days (need a good excuse), but i think as long as the auction isnt within the last few hours you should be right.

Good luck

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
is the auction still going? whats the item number.

Uncle Matty will fix the problem

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just create a bogus account(or if you are like me you have a few spares from the old days) then you over bid and let the dummy account take the heat, not sure if you can do this these days, do not use ebay much.

sad

Reaction score
hey matty it is number 180043705050

ta

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
ok gimme a sec

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
done..
now don't bid on it again :p

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
lmao, dude, now your going to have to give me the maximum bid you put down. else you'll just keep outbidding me