Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay Fascia Kits

=SKB=

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with this seller and/or equivalent for single din head unit fascia's?

Ebay Link

Wondering how close to factory the colour is and how people found the over all quality. The kits seem to come with everything needed and sound pretty good.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Those kits can be found alot cheaper at any decent car audio/parts store.
They are normally a matt black finish that doesn't match most interiors. I know mine doesn't.

=SKB=

Reaction score
Those kits can be found alot cheaper at any decent car audio/parts store.
They are normally a matt black finish that doesn't match most interiors. I know mine doesn't.

Yeah I have found not many local stores can get something that matches, that's if they even know what your talking about. These seem to be closer to the mark colour wise. Hence my post.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
dont buy it from there, you can pick up the exact same at autobarn for 53 dollars or so, you will need to have paint colour matched into a spray can, i have one and i dont like it all that much, they are very tight to slot the headunit into and once the facia is installed it is very very difficult to remove, so have your head unit all set up before you install.

=SKB=

Reaction score
Balls. Will check around and see what I find. Thanks for the reply's.

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
u can get them for 34$ delivered from US Ebay, spray it yourself $100 is ridiculous.

As Andyman says they are hard to remove, to help this grind down the side tabs a bit.

dsc00143fy2.jpg

=SKB=

Reaction score
u can get them for 34$ delivered from US Ebay, spray it yourself $100 is ridiculous.

As Andyman says they are hard to remove, to help this grind down the side tabs a bit.

Was the paint you used colour matched or is it an actual 'off the shelf' colour that you can ask for by name?

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
Was the paint you used colour matched or is it an actual 'off the shelf' colour that you can ask for by name?

Sprayed it lightly with flat black then while still wet very thin coat of Tungsten both from Superhceap, didnt get it right the first time as the tungsten is a touch too light. Goodluck.

=SKB=

Reaction score
Sprayed it lightly with flat black then while still wet very thin coat of Tungsten both from Superhceap, didnt get it right the first time as the tungsten is a touch too light. Goodluck.

Thanks. Will give it a go.