Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay parts

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i buy alot of parts from ebay and have had no problems at all with most of them but i always research them first to make sure theyre not cheaper in a shop, also i would not buy suspension steering components off ebay as i personally dont trust the quality of them id rather pay a little more with that sort of thing and buy a quality trusted brand. Things like headlights, panels and interior parts i definatley get from ebay. My most recent purchase was a pair of tyres which has 80% tread they looked great in the pic and the tread amount was great but when i got them home i noticed lots of fine cracking of the sidewalls and although being the same brand/size they were from different eras and werent a matching pair like described so really theyre not a bargain even though i only paid $30 a pair theyre only good to put on the back and fry.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I just bought a new CAS from my local holden dealer for $120,they cost around $50 on ebay.Most people see this difference and think that they are saving heaps,but if it needs replacing in 12 months time,them theres another $50 spent

This is why you look for a genuine GM sensor on eBay for around $100ish

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
$100 for a CAS?!?!? Ripping yourself off at that price. Most I've paid was $40 or $50 new from memory (I've replaced a few), and that's not off ebay.

I've also used 2nd hand ones and had no trouble...

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
brand name parts i've bought a fair bit off ebay and had no worries, but i steer clear of the no-name bits. i was looking at vs front hubs on there a while ago, they were some no name thing and the ad read.. and i quote "good quality (studs will not snap off)"

needless to say i didnt take their word for it! went to holden and got the decent SKF brand genuine hubs, would do the same with any other suspension/steering/drivetrain bits

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Don't get the cheap #### that ships from China on eBay. There are some great stores that stock high quality parts. For example I bought an entire fuel pump assembly (with new sender, strainer, sensors and a complete new case) for $167 delivered to my door. It was a delphi unit which is what GM use anyway and I bought it from someone with high feedback.

I reckon I would have paid $200 just for a pump in stores and not got the entire new assembly.

Delphi are made in China just like a lot of other Holden parts. The genuine fuel pump I bought a while back for my VN had made China on the box and the fuel pump was branded Delphi. I think the current V8's are from Mexico as well?