Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay parts

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Is it worth it to buy the parts i need off of ebay such as
Tie rod ends,
Ball joint
Wheel bearings
As i want to replace all the steering and such parts or should i just bite the bullet and buy them from repco or somthing?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Whats the price difference? if yes it could be to good to be true
Are they a store in real life? if no they may not exist at all
Do the pictures look really pixelated? if yes they might be someone elses blurred

You just have to be careful man.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i wouldnt trust some random persons parts especially with steering parts.... one day you might try turn a corner and the dodgy cheap part breaks o_O

knight wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp executive v6 auto
just use paypal that way if it goes up #### creek you get your money back

personally i buy most of my parts of ebay and there fine

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
I bought my shocks and springs online and were fine.
bought plenty of parts from ebay.
You can usually tell the difference between something not so above board and something that is

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I too have brought heaps of parts off ebay no problems YET.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I bought my shocks and springs online and were fine.
bought plenty of parts from ebay.
You can usually tell the difference between something not so above board and something that is

^^^^ true true, i have also got alot of parts from ebay and nothing worng yet.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Don't get the cheap #### that ships from China on eBay. There are some great stores that stock high quality parts. For example I bought an entire fuel pump assembly (with new sender, strainer, sensors and a complete new case) for $167 delivered to my door. It was a delphi unit which is what GM use anyway and I bought it from someone with high feedback.

I reckon I would have paid $200 just for a pump in stores and not got the entire new assembly.

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Always buy from Australian sellers, Do some research on the parts you need make sure there the right part.

I have brought heeps of parts from there and have saved a bucket load of money.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You can sometimes pick up genuine parts cheap on ebay.When it comes to things like wheel bearings,hubs etc,I go straight to holden so then I know 100% that they are genuine holden parts..Theres new chinese VR/VS front hubs getting around cheap, they can apparently fall apart apart,I wouldnt like to put me and my familys life at risk by buying cheap dodgey parts like them hubs,just to save a few dollars,its just not worth it in my opinion... But usually if they are aussie sellers with parts that are in oz,then you are usually right.The main "cheapie" parts from places like ebay etc that Ive seen stuff up or cause problems, are ignition coils and engine sensors.Ive seen a few cheapie sensors last around 12 months or so,where the genuine part will usually last for years.Ive seen the cheap CAS- Crank Angle Sensors cause some problems.One was completely dead from new,another caused misfiring and crook running,and a couple of others I know of have lasted 12 months or thereabouts.I just bought a new CAS from my local holden dealer for $120,they cost around $50 on ebay.Most people see this difference and think that they are saving heaps,but if it needs replacing in 12 months time,them theres another $50 spent,and thats not including the fitting,if you cant do it yourself.So buying cheap parts can work out to be more expensive in the long run.