Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Performance Chip Q & A

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
i also purchased from blackstar7000 .... good chip as far as i know. seems to work fine

As a general question. Does anyone know what the actual gain on their car is with a chip from blackstar7000, or from a chip that works?? dyno rwkw before and after?

Ive done mods on my VS ecotec to get a healthy 130rwkw in its current state (memcal untouched) and id just like some justification in buying one of these? I actually would be happy with a 10rwkw gain!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
at 130 rwkw id say the dyno is a bit happy so you would probably get your 10 kw gain (from a good memcal) on that dyno.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Does anyone have any idea what effect the XU6 chip will have on a supercharged S pack? It claims to increase power from 171kw too 190kw, anyone know?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if used with the XU6 or similar exhaust it will come close.
they normally give a noticeable increase.

Rob

agrocm

Reaction score
my mate came to me with a vy ute and asked me about these. from my view its right it just dumps more fuel in yes and runs rich and all that but i made it effective for him buy installing a cold air induction kit just a ss kit but as well as that he got a vz super car front end and i metal fabed up a stainless steel scoop that fits in the front and runs a pipe to the air box , at teh inlet to the pipe from the scoop i tiged on some fins around the circular exit hole and than to the pipe i got teh idea fron those old ebay things called turbonators or some **** it says if u put there blade thing in the induction it moves the air around and creates a super charger effect of moving air these things did infact work so with that and a a custom induction kit i took it to the holden mod and they pout the computer up to it and it was running lean i bought one of these and put it in his car and it evened out perfectly havnt dnyoed it but looks promising
cheers chris

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
no offence mate but the air can only go in as fast as it is being forced in by atmospheric pressure so unless u got forced induction eg turbo or supercharger nothing else can change how fast ur air goes in except maybe better flow from exhaust maybe.those turbonators are said to create turbulance in the intake making it easier for the fuel to mix (bull**** if u ask me). i reckon they are more of a restriction than anything. honestly if these things worked on allowing fuel to burn more efficient with more power then wouldnt car manufacturers be using them . as i said i think its all crap.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
i got a memcal from a guy on the westside of melbourne and he told me straight up it doesnt make your car go "faster" really it just tightens your acceleration a little and makes it a little more responsive which it did........with the pacemaker headers they work quite well...........but i never really believed a chip can give you that much power gain........its a bit far fetched for the ones on ebay...........doesnt apply for the ones you get with supercharger kits when u get the new ecu and stuff........but they arent really designed for that are they?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
does anyone know a decent place in melbourne for QUALITY ecu's and chips???i know bresciani racing do..........anyone know of any others?