Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Performance Chip Q & A

alsies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 3.8
Under "nicefrog" wasn't it? Sorry, I'm new here. Thanks!

alsies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 3.8
Hey, just spotted your listing - I've only got a V6 though. :-(

Izual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 Executive
Then there are the performance Memcal chips on Ebay that say they are out of the SV3800 VN's. Saying the same things that the 'dodgy' ones say, more power, better fuel consumption ect.

What do you guys think of these?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Read the previous posts mate, i think you will find your answer :eek:)

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Rob's Creative Calibrations

I would suggest thing guy here if you want a cheap performance chip. I have done some research and emailed the person. The memcal includes all the Holden computer fixes which improves power and torque. Also shift patterns and gear change hardness can be changed to a point ( i think that only works on VR and up.). If you have any other questions email him. Im in the process of getting one for my car

I also ran into someone which had 2 VR commodores. One had a PowerChip in it and another this memcal. He said that the memcal went alot better.
Can i have his email adress??? does he have a web site?

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
no offence mate but the air can only go in as fast as it is being forced in by atmospheric pressure so unless u got forced induction eg turbo or supercharger nothing else can change how fast ur air goes in except maybe better flow from exhaust maybe.those turbonators are said to create turbulance in the intake making it easier for the fuel to mix (bull**** if u ask me). i reckon they are more of a restriction than anything. honestly if these things worked on allowing fuel to burn more efficient with more power then wouldnt car manufacturers be using them . as i said i think its all crap.

Has you seen them turbo charger things on ebay not real turbo charger it just a fan than goes into air intake
What do you think of these??
I think rubbish??