Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"ebay" poor quality strut tops. Vr-vf

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE II SV6 NITRATE SPORTWAGON
Just a warning on this ebay seller "autopartbid" selling these inferior strut tops / mounts. He states a 2yr warranty, but does not give you **** in return. He has admitted in an email that they were a faulty batch, but still sells them on ebay for only $39.90pr now....BARGAIN!... for ****. They lasted me 6 months before pushing the center bush out. The rubber is like black CHEWING GUM & lets go around the bush. My son in-law's set lasted only 4 months in his VR V6, but he might drive a bit harder & further than I do these days. These should last 10yrs plus in a VR-VZ. Just do what I did & bit the bullet & bought genuine ones, or at least buy a well known reputable brand. This ebay seller has all the bullshit excuses why he has not refunded me or at the least sent me replacements. Not that I would use them anyway! One day he say's he sent them, next day he is in CHINA, next day blames Aust post & the bullshit goes on....DON'T GET STUNG!...cheers.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Unfortunately in most cases you get what you pay for.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
thanks for the warning

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately in most cases you get what you pay for.

Yes you normally do, but on the other hand cheaper aftermarket parts have been used by everyone with no probs most of the time. I have after market tie rods, bushes (rubber), ball joints ect on my VK. 15 years & all still good & was a daily driver until the last 5/6 years. Anyway, the main thing is no one else gets stung & we all enjoy our commodores! Cheers.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Of course your right Grafton many after market parts are top notch, and thanks to your crappy experience, others won't have to go through it with these bushes.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Problem is buying this stuff through Ebay.....Not the fact it is cheap...Ebay sellers don't give a crap, because you are on the end of a keyboard possibly over the other side of the country to them, so they can doop you and there is stuff all you can do about it, bar have a complain on forums

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
DON'T GET STUNG!...cheers.

If you don't buy cheap **** off Ebay you don't get stung.

Not sure why you would buy crap then come on here and tell everyone it's ****, it's kind of Captain Obvious isn't it - the old "you get what you pay for" or "buyer beware"

:)

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
In reality oem ones from GM are not much more & with a lifetime warranty, whatever that is?

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you don't buy cheap **** off Ebay you don't get stung.

Not sure why you would buy crap then come on here and tell everyone it's ****, it's kind of Captain Obvious isn't it - the old "you get what you pay for" or "buyer beware"

:)

You are telling me that every part you have bought is a genuine part? Yeh right..Mate, Try to buy any genuine parts for any early commodore......Then realise that those aftermarket parts you bought aren't **** after 10 years of use. So what's the difference with aftermarket strut tops for a VB or VF? They should still meet a standard. Wait till you can't buy them genuine for VR-VF anymore, then you will have to settle for cheap **** . Not all the aftermarket tops may be ****, but these ones are. Don't be a knob.