Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EBAY scams!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by blaze, Aug 6, 2006.

1. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
    any 1 ever been ripped off by ebay write der username down ere i just got done over 50 bucks by a **** called Alan09 sum ppl hav been gettin done buyin csr superchargers spendin 1300 - 3000 grand

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  2. vy_storm

vy_storm just another moderator... Staff Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais V 6L
  3. Pub247

Pub247 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Ford Fairmont
    What did you buy? i'm lucky i thought i was going to ripped off the other day by a guy who only had 2 feedback but he came through and i got a great deal i'm still on something from hong kong and tell people don't buy from hong kong i've been waiting a month! they must send a poor asian guy on a bicycle to deliver it

4. Propane

Propane New Member

Members Ride:
    Maloo VZ
    There are a heap of china scammers on ebay.. You just got to read the ebay forums to see this. Ebay dont take them off even after a complaint. Most of these asian scammers are copying a ebay usa sellers product whos only selling stuff to USA ebay people.
    Best bet it not to buy from asia or only search for sellers with paypal payments.

5. TheForgotten

TheForgotten only human......

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    well I got reverse scammed for $800
    this chick calls me at work, says I scammed her (I've never sold anything on ebay) and I get on the phone to ebay, who proceeded to tell me that I have nothing to go by, because my account had been hacked, and there's nothing they can do. so I went to the cops, who said basically the same thing, so I ended up having to get this bitch 800.
    Anyhow, this woman used her work contacts to locate me, and told me everything about me including drivers lisence number, mobile, where I work etc everything she shouldn't have access to, and the cops left it alone

6. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
    **** that man i wouldnt of given her 8 hunge no way what woulda happened if u didnt

7. TheForgotten

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    I'd be put in state custody
    I like my bumhole just the way it is so I paid.
    Oh, the bit I neglected to mention, because I was so slow to pay it off, she "filed chargebacks on her credit card"
    I was convinced I had to pay, so I gave her $200. It's better than being bumraped by a babboon named Bubba

8. Doctor Bob

Doctor Bob Grandpa

Members Ride:
    VT V6 Exec & VN V6 Exec
    if ebay knows youre account has been hacked they normally delete any sales etc, my wifes account has been hacked twice & they tried to sell a boat for 27.000 & a car in the UK for about 15,000 quid the second time, each time ebay contacted us before we knew about it to let us know what had happened, i wouldnt have even entertained the idea of paying it back, sounds like you got scammed good.

Rob

9. TheForgotten

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    yep. The odd thing about the scam in itself, is that my gf was having drama's of some sort with her old account, and her friend who works at ebay aus was looking through my details, and she knew they were altered but wouldn't say anything because she'd lose her job. That is the bit that did me over

10. 89vncommy

89vncommy New Member

Members Ride:
    VN Caladore
    I lost five grand on ebay ages ago... But what can you do .. Filed a complaint through ebay, and because I didn't send the money through paypal or ebay, they gave me nothing... Went to the cops, and cause the guy was o/s (in either UK or US) they did nothing either... So I just had to let it go... Pisses me off tho...

Watch out for this person also... sprinter03004.. I purchase a strut brace off him over 1 month ago.. Then when I was waiting saw some neg feedback left by other for having to wait a month for postage... Though I would wait a month as it seemed to be normal... Sent he 2 messages... He replied to 1 and said it was in stock and was being sent shortly .... 1.5 months later nothing.. Have put in a non rcvd goods notice through paypal as that is how I paid him ...Will see if I see my money back on this one.... He is now a non registered ebay user, so don't know if he will be reinstated for me to leave a feedback warning...

11. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
    what did u buy for 5 grand id be at his door step if i got done ova like that

12. 89vncommy

89vncommy New Member

Members Ride:
    VN Caladore
    This was how it went...

I bid on a car from person "A" ...
    I didn't win the auction, but about 1 day later a got this ebay message to my account. It was from person "B" - pretending to be person "A". It was a second chance offer email....
    They had all these fake html email's that the forge from ebay, and square trade, and I was an idiot and paid the guy for the car that was in QLD.
    I had done all my homework on person "A" so I though it was all legit.. I paid through western union, and they guy collected the money in the UK - I think ..

Reported it as internet fraud, and to the cops but they did nothing about it. Reported it to ebay, found out who the real person "B" was, and dobbed him in.. He was located in the US... Ebay did nothing about it.... I still log in and check where he has been spending money through his history to see if he is still around... The prick ... Pisses me off again to think about it...

And yes this is a common scam... But ebay never warned anyone about it at the time I was ripped off... Now they have all these things about paying through western union and all that... but what can you do ....

13. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
  14. 89vncommy

89vncommy New Member

Members Ride:
    VN Caladore
    Tell me about it.. So yeah, if I see anyone talk about ebay scams I like to try and warn them about these ones... All the emails looked legit, and I guess anyone good with computers & softwar can bodge up offical looking emails... Thing was even if you clicked on the logos in the emails, it took you to that companys official website... So it all seemed legit... Anyway.. That is my bad ebay story... I make sure I tell everyone about it.. I guess it has helped me get over the embarassment of it also, and warns others....

15. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
    even a car that their willing to deliver sounds dodgey

16. 89vncommy

89vncommy New Member

Members Ride:
    VN Caladore
    Not always tho.. Sometimes it can be a good way to get a bargain.. I got an email from ebay the other week saying how now if you buy a car throught them and it is not in the shape that was described there is a sort of buyer protection.. Not sure if this was in the US or in Aus tho....

17. Pub247

Pub247 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Ford Fairmont
    I personally wouldn't buy anything over a hundred unless it was pickup and payment then. I remember i had about 3 feedback and sold an i mate pda for 330 i sent it to them and they recieved it but they must have been worried i would be

18. blaze

blaze ridin dirty

Members Ride:
    SILVER BULLET
    that makes no ****in sense at all

19. newo

newo New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Berlina
    Yes, another scammee from eBay. I got ripped 700 AUD about three years ago from some dodge in the Ukrane. Could never get the cash back, as I paid via Western Union money order which offers you no security (as I later found out). So I learnt, at a loss though.

Never buy from anyone in former USSR eastern countries, as they are trying to build themselves out of what they were when they were attatched to the Russians. Also, Nigeria and other African countries are getting on to the bandwagon. Now the the WWW has become more accesible to more people, scammers are taking advantage of this, and perhaps the world's naievety.

When I win an auction, I always request the sellers information. That way, I can call, and if they don't wish to have their info disclosed, something fishy might prevail.

All in all though, mny experiences with eBay have been pretty good, with that scam the one and only. I've bought from China, Hong Kong and Singapore with positive results. They're not always going t0o be like that though.

Check out the link below. This guy scams a scammer!

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

20. HsvPlayBoy

HsvPlayBoy Banned

Members Ride:
    Vr Hsv 185i
    Guys Dont Buy stuff from OVER SEA YA Never will get Ur Stuff Theres Heaps of Scammers out there in most countrys the money they scam out of U they will live like a KinG for a year SO JUST DONT BUY O/S L8r.s ALL