Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EBAY scams!

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
This was how it went...

I bid on a car from person "A" ...
I didn't win the auction, but about 1 day later a got this ebay message to my account. It was from person "B" - pretending to be person "A". It was a second chance offer email....
They had all these fake html email's that the forge from ebay, and square trade, and I was an idiot and paid the guy for the car that was in QLD.
I had done all my homework on person "A" so I though it was all legit.. I paid through western union, and they guy collected the money in the UK - I think ..

Reported it as internet fraud, and to the cops but they did nothing about it. Reported it to ebay, found out who the real person "B" was, and dobbed him in.. He was located in the US... Ebay did nothing about it.... I still log in and check where he has been spending money through his history to see if he is still around... The prick ... Pisses me off again to think about it...

And yes this is a common scam... But ebay never warned anyone about it at the time I was ripped off... Now they have all these things about paying through western union and all that... but what can you do ....

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Tell me about it.. So yeah, if I see anyone talk about ebay scams I like to try and warn them about these ones... All the emails looked legit, and I guess anyone good with computers & softwar can bodge up offical looking emails... Thing was even if you clicked on the logos in the emails, it took you to that companys official website... So it all seemed legit... Anyway.. That is my bad ebay story... I make sure I tell everyone about it.. I guess it has helped me get over the embarassment of it also, and warns others....

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Not always tho.. Sometimes it can be a good way to get a bargain.. I got an email from ebay the other week saying how now if you buy a car throught them and it is not in the shape that was described there is a sort of buyer protection.. Not sure if this was in the US or in Aus tho....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I personally wouldn't buy anything over a hundred unless it was pickup and payment then. I remember i had about 3 feedback and sold an i mate pda for 330 i sent it to them and they recieved it but they must have been worried i would be

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yes, another scammee from eBay. I got ripped 700 AUD about three years ago from some dodge in the Ukrane. Could never get the cash back, as I paid via Western Union money order which offers you no security (as I later found out). So I learnt, at a loss though.

Never buy from anyone in former USSR eastern countries, as they are trying to build themselves out of what they were when they were attatched to the Russians. Also, Nigeria and other African countries are getting on to the bandwagon. Now the the WWW has become more accesible to more people, scammers are taking advantage of this, and perhaps the world's naievety.

When I win an auction, I always request the sellers information. That way, I can call, and if they don't wish to have their info disclosed, something fishy might prevail.

All in all though, mny experiences with eBay have been pretty good, with that scam the one and only. I've bought from China, Hong Kong and Singapore with positive results. They're not always going t0o be like that though.

Check out the link below. This guy scams a scammer!

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Guys Dont Buy stuff from OVER SEA YA Never will get Ur Stuff Theres Heaps of Scammers out there in most countrys the money they scam out of U they will live like a KinG for a year SO JUST DONT BUY O/S L8r.s ALL