Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay & Vt/Vx cd players

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I think i might pull my stock head unit out :whistling :whistling :whistling :whistling

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
mind you know im thinkn wot if i sell the car and dont wonna sell the dvd system with it lol, ahh well i have a vx one too :)

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
because some people like to keep their cars compleatly stock standard personally i like big audio but if i had a hsv or something along those lines id keep it like the day it came from the factory and if that means paying extra to have the genuine deck in then so be it

well i am changing the whole system to double din with subs, etc but the original system is going to be tucked away at home so IF i ever sell then it goes back in and it will be factory...that same thing will happen with everything i modify on the car...wheels, stereo, etc

there is no point keeping a SH*T sounding factory system in a car if you enjoy your music when you drive no matter what car it is......at then end of the day you buy a car to enjoy and not for the resale value....if you wanna make money buy a house
the 10 stacker system in holdens and HSVs are know to constantly skip over small bumps in road, the stacker keeps giving out error codes and you need to power cycle it, etc so why put up with it when you can get a reliable aftermarket system

buy the car you like enjoy it...simple as

as much as some ppl would like to think HSVs are "rare" there not. they depreciate like any other car no matter what condition they are in.
and i am a HSV owner myself so if i want a better stereo i will put one in...if i want better wheels i will get some....if i want a better exhaust system or if i want to put better internals in the engine i will....
it might not be "original" but hey i will have fun owning it and enjoying it

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i still have the factory tape stereo from my vt with pin and i couldnt even give away the crap......might have to put it on ebay from the prices stated above

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh well ours was sitting away not gettn used an i thought bugger it the car we have now we will be keeping for a long time yet so why not make something bak out of it instead of it sitting there doin nothin. n if an when we do sell the car id prob sell it with wot ever i put into it.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeh well ours was sitting away not gettn used an i thought bugger it the car we have now we will be keeping for a long time yet so why not make something bak out of it instead of it sitting there doin nothin. n if an when we do sell the car id prob sell it with wot ever i put into it.

yeah i left the apline cd/mp3 deck in my vt when i sold it..took out subs and amps but left it and the speakers in it...no real point in taking out and putting stock back in

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
No offence mate but maybe that should be in the VN-VP section.....;)

it has nothing to do with what model it is it has to do with people going out of their way to restore a car back to origional ;)

well i am changing the whole system to double din with subs, etc but the original system is going to be tucked away at home so IF i ever sell then it goes back in and it will be factory...that same thing will happen with everything i modify on the car...wheels, stereo, etc

there is no point keeping a SH*T sounding factory system in a car if you enjoy your music when you drive no matter what car it is......at then end of the day you buy a car to enjoy and not for the resale value....if you wanna make money buy a house
the 10 stacker system in holdens and HSVs are know to constantly skip over small bumps in road, the stacker keeps giving out error codes and you need to power cycle it, etc so why put up with it when you can get a reliable aftermarket system

buy the car you like enjoy it...simple as

as much as some ppl would like to think HSVs are "rare" there not. they depreciate like any other car no matter what condition they are in.
and i am a HSV owner myself so if i want a better stereo i will put one in...if i want better wheels i will get some....if i want a better exhaust system or if i want to put better internals in the engine i will....
it might not be "original" but hey i will have fun owning it and enjoying it

you make a good point dude, myself i have upgraded the factory system in all my cars i havent been in the situation of having a hsv but come to think of it after a while the novelty of keeping it factory will wear off and id upgrade the audio aswell

mind you though newwer cars are becomming harder to do this my boss just got a new subaru liberty and the whole climate controll unit and stereo unit is in one and some serious mods would need to be done if you were to change the system

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
it has nothing to do with what model it is it has to do with people going out of their way to restore a car back to origional ;)

you make a good point dude, myself i have upgraded the factory system in all my cars i havent been in the situation of having a hsv but come to think of it after a while the novelty of keeping it factory will wear off and id upgrade the audio aswell

mind you though newwer cars are becomming harder to do this my boss just got a new subaru liberty and the whole climate controll unit and stereo unit is in one and some serious mods would need to be done if you were to change the system

yeah...my younger bro has a ba xr6 and the stereo and bcm or ecu are together so cant change at all.....he is spewing...serves him right for jumping ship to ford :rofl: