Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec 5speed into vk wagon

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
hey im putting a ecotec and 5speed out of a vs into a vk wagon.
will a vn-vs wagon fuel tank fit a vk wagon?
and i want to have disc brakes on the rear how much wider is a vn wagon diff from a vk and any help on wireing it into the vk dash would be great cheers

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
The VN - VS wagon tankshould fit. The filler neck is longer due to a section of rubber hose. Just push the filler neck into the hose or cut it down. Compare with you filler neck on your VK for length before fitting.

VN diff bolts in. It is 57mm wider. It is ok if you don't run greater than 225 rubber and superlow springs. I have a VN diff in my VB.

I used a V6 conversions loom. You can just plug in to your ecotec engine loom and into your VK harness. Retain all your existing dash. You can get a BCM black box thingo or you can can your ECU reprogrammed as I have done for manual, no speed sensor and the VATS removed.

Do a search. Plenty of info available or PM 180SC he has recently put and ecotec into a VH wagon and latter an L67.

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
Hi thanks for that ill go get me a wagon tank and a diff as well im was planing on useing my 18" of my vt but they are 235 but im nt sure on what springs im going to use so i might just try and see what happens. i think im going to wire it myself think iv got it sored in my head just the speedo but ill just wait and work that one out when the time comes lol