Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec and L67 ecu differences

gregando

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
everything will work fine with that ecu its exactly the same part as the VX S/C comes with stock just different memcal.it could just be going real rich up top it costs lots of power or your fuel pump may be struggling to keep up does it show knock on the scantool when it does it

No the mechanic says shows nothing wrong but the timing is getting retarded. I should have it put on a dyno i spose but i don't like the way they charge up here just to do a quick run. Its got me beat ive changed all the vac/boost hoses, spent **** loads on new sensors and a bosch 044 fuel pump that i still have to fit, checked and checked diagnostics had it up the local mechanic that many times now that when he sees me coming he grabs his scan tool lol. One thing i forgot to mention was i put the larger injectors in after it started playing up because it recorded a lean running conditions under load so i put em in and it did nothing to fix the problem and thats where i started chasing my tail.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
buy yourself one of these if you have a laptop delcohacking.net • View topic - FS: USB Vehicle Data Interface then you can log a drive and play it back when you get home bloody handy for finding problems will log all sensors rpm etc and show where its picking up knock and you can cross reference if its a sensor or fuel etc.you could even have a fuel tank pickup issue and its grabbing gobs of air instead of fuel under hard accleration commodores are bad for it hence why i run surge tanks and external pumps on every setup i build

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Yeah it droped a bit. Befor the rebuild i got what they call a 10psi pully kit it would see around 12psi at the rev limiter and now it sits about 8psi pretty much from instant up to 4000-4500rpm, and about 4500rpm where is loses power, then boost slowly builds to a bee's dick under 10psi at the limiter. The wierd part is that after the rebuld it didnt have this problem it started to do it maybe 3 months later and at that time the motor would have done easily 12,000 k's i average about 160-200k's a day so it was well and trully "run in" and all lossend up , spose its time to wipe out the savings and get it tuned problem is i dont think there is anyone in newcastle that mess with them.

Hmmm well as you've had the comp lowered that far i imagine you'll be wanting to add more mods later on? I'd suggest removing the MAF out of the equation altogether and get a mafless tune done. There's a bloke in the outer southern sydney suburbs which did mine and he's absolutely awesome! Dick's electronics 95435544, give him a call and tickle his brain! He can run datalogs with everything you can think of, particularly of interest in your case would be wideband o2 along with knock retard. People come from everywhere to get work done by him and being in newy doesn't make it that far in the grand scheme of things lol.

Imo thats the best way to go about it mate, if you want more info pm me :thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah dick will sort you out hes a good chap

gregando

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
buy yourself one of these if you have a laptop delcohacking.net • View topic - FS: USB Vehicle Data Interface then you can log a drive and play it back when you get home bloody handy for finding problems will log all sensors rpm etc and show where its picking up knock and you can cross reference if its a sensor or fuel etc.you could even have a fuel tank pickup issue and its grabbing gobs of air instead of fuel under hard accleration commodores are bad for it hence why i run surge tanks and external pumps on every setup i build

have you got one of these if so what program do you use for it

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&