Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECOTEC - Are High Lift Rockers worth it ........

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
What work you got done so far kritical? Can comment better after we get some idea whats in there ................

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Kritical

Your engine is just ripe for a set of high lift rockers, of course they have a great bang for buck ratio (pardon the pun)

You choose what ratio and brand that suits you, essentially more lift = more performance, you choose how much you would be happy with. The 1.9:1s are really good if you want to go with a known ratio.

Tat's it for the moment

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
have a good look at the dyno plot at the top of this thread. thats all the research i would be doing. bigger is better. if you get a cam later, get a custom job done, tell the grinder that you ahve high ratio rockers and they will grind the cam to suit. simple

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
yeah well i want the best for my car what ever makes it go harder! the 1.97s over kill?

Before i got my VX, i had the same car as yours (assuming its a series 2) and same mods, manual too.
It ****ing flew for what it was.
I put some of the FIT 1.9 rockers on my car as my mate had just purchased some and seeing he was a mechanic he said he could put them on very quickly.

They were great, if i had not bough my LS1, they would have been my next mod for sure. More power through all the rev range especially up top. There was no repercussions from them at all, even idled the same.
If i was you, i would not hesitate.