Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Ecotec balance shaft removal - Need advice

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No it won't but next time it hits the dyno it will have new heads and that extra 2kw of power will show up on the dyno. But yes won't know exact gains unless it went on the dyno to measure such a small gain, with BS delete being the only change, which unless you run the shop you wouldn't do.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thing is although 2rwkw is negligible, each little mod add up and the BS delete will add to several other minor upgrades. My first mod barely made any difference. Fitting Pacies made a small noticeable difference but dropping in a CAI and the difference was night and day. Then adding Mace rockers and it was noticeably better again. Some people said that my mods would yield little and was merely placebo. However over 30rwkw on what I had originally had it's been a decent gain.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The gains are negligible but it sure is going to put less stress on that timing chain/tensioner. Less rotating mass also improves engine acceleration.