Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Cam

ShadowMyst86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I got in contact with C.O.M.E Racing, looking for a cam package for my VY V6. They said their package CSBR-199 with valve springs, offers a good power increase and big torque increase.

Given they're asking nearly $1000, does anyone have any experience with their gear. How big is the difference they provide? Any dyno figures?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if by cam package your refering to a cam and tune i wouldn't get a tune from c.o.m.e. - they're very conservative (aka, shithouse) when supplying a mail order tune.
they're gear is good though, i'd just get it tuned somewhere else.
wouldnt have a clue what that cam you refered to is like, did they supply any specs for it?
a decent cam is the difference between night and day with how a engine responds/performs, but it comes down to the cam selection and tuning whether you rack up the big numbers on a dyno.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
c.o.m.e racing are wan*ers they will tell you what ever you want to hear mate trust me i got all my ls1 stuff on the first ls1 i built and the assured me it was all the best stuff for making power it cost heaps and made really bad power too