Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec engine swap / wiring.

Goon B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Bt1
hey i put the V6 motor from my 96 VS bt1 into a datsun 200b just cant get the motor to do anything, when you go to start it all you get is a click noise from one of the relays.

had a mate help remove the engine and thin some wires just wondering what can be taken out or what has to be there for the motor to run incase something has been removed that shouldnt be.
im using the vs key and ignition barrel set up but is there any other security features?

car ran fine before the motor was removed.

VLCW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 308 calais wagon, VR Ute
Will need the Body control module, they control many things electric in the car, and are coded to the key, ie change key heads need to change BCM's or get the security feature removed. The BCM is located on the drivers side under dash near fuesbox, will have 3 plugs comming out of it. currently doing an ecotech conversion on a vr ute, so found this out recently.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Could be any one of a hundred things buddy. did you use the full VS under bonnet fuse/relay box & ecu & wiring harness as a few of the signals from relays/ecu are interconnected.

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Still got the bcm and pcm in there?

Goon B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Bt1
yeah im using the full wiring harness ECU and BCM are attached using the Vs fuse and relay box. the fuel pump isnt goin off either. starter motor works but only when hooked up directly to the battery.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
R U Using the same ECU/BCM/Key/Key holder/Engine from the same vehicle , ALL have to match.. ????

Goon B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Bt1
yeah everything is off the same car it all matches. My mate bridged the starter relay and had the motor turnin over. But thats the only and the fuel pump doesnt go off either. Heard you can solder the key head to the bcm. Any one have any info on how to do it?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
P/N Inhibitor switch correctly installed?

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Not sure if the VS has the same set up electrically to the VN but my VH i put the V6 into wouldnt fire, it would only crank over found out to be a dodgy plug next to the fuse box under the hood that ha d the computer wire in it.
Has yours got a conector that sits in the VS passenger side dash just above the computer that joins to the dash loom from the engine loom this can stop the car starting correctly.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
hey man post some pics of this beast