Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec flywheel info

deanos70

Reaction score
I need to source a flywheel from a vs ecotec, i believe there were 2 boxes used in them the T5 and Getrag if im correct, my question is the same flywheel used for both boxes or are they different?

Also will vs ecotec extractors fit on a vx ecotec , i dont mean as in the piping running through the engine bay with clearance etc , but as in fitting on the block, its being used as a conversion into a hilux

cheers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The Getrag runs a dual mass flywheel whilst the T5 runs a conventional flywheel. They don't interchange.

deanos70

Reaction score
The Getrag runs a dual mass flywheel whilst the T5 runs a conventional flywheel. They don't interchange.

thanks for the reply hako, the T5 sounds like the one im after then, the solid flywheel

thanks again

Goose!!!

Goose!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 97 acclaim,manual,lsd, Cosmic purple pearl.
thanks for the reply hako, the T5 sounds like the one im after then, the solid flywheel

thanks again

Good luck with that one champ :p

You will be looking forever.... The clutch in my car is made from 3 different peices :) Its a nightmare to find T5 clutch components to fit an ecotec, and if you do find them at a wrecker, they wont part with them unless they sell u a whole conversion kit, and to fit an ecotec, that will be big $$$

deanos70

Reaction score
thanks for the replies
i was luckily enough to find a t5 flywheel in good nick at a wreckers in melbourne , $275 + freight ,
i know of a wreckers that has another one if anyone is interested for the same price

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
thanks for the replies
i was luckily enough to find a t5 flywheel in good nick at a wreckers in melbourne , $275 + freight ,
i know of a wreckers that has another one if anyone is interested for the same price

$275 seems very steep for a used flywheel but I guess they can charge what they want because people will buy them either way. But may I ask where this other wreckers is? Maybe they might like to trade it for a 6 bolt that I have no use for :p.

deanos70

Reaction score
they are pretty hard to find so i guess they can charge what they want, still better than $800 brand new from holden or $650 for a billett flywheel which still needs to be balanced,

the other place is

Partsmania.com
Payless Auto Parts
1059-1065 Western Hwy, Deer Park
03)9360 5354
partsmania.com.au

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
FYI, there are solid flywheel kits available for the Ecotec + Getrag. Pretty much all the HD clutch kits come with them.