Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec in Vp

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Hey guys,
I was wondering if it was possible to put a v6 ecotech in a vp calais? If you could what would be the advantages and disadvantages, and what prices would i be looking at for the engine itself. Also what other parts would i need to get if it was posiple to put an ecotech into a vp. Would i need a new ecu, tranny, diff, etc?
Any help would be good
Thanx
:drink:

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
You would need the tranny that comes with the engine at the least as its electric instead of hydraulic and it too much stuffing around to convert.

I was interested in this conversion aswell but to put it simply i think its better to invest in performance parts for your series 2 block instead of getting a ecotec, they are only 147kw at 5200RPM. Only real improvement i see is that they rev out more :flame:

You would be up for $1000 atleast for a secondhand one if your lucky. More like 2-3g i bet though. That would pay for some nice parts for your current block :yeah: