Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Ecotec intake manifold, restrictive at 291rwhp

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Boost is the answer we hit 400rwkw out of Injector and turbo new borg Warner sx363 ready to go on hehe

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Wow, what class in speedway are they making 300+ rwhp?.... the ones i have seen are lucky to make 230 to 250 at the tyres

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Modified production was the class I referred to,most in the class are around 230 to 265rwhp but I know of a few spitting out just over 300 one l36 a ford 4L and a alloytec that made 320ish,there maybe more now but I don't pay much attention speedway anymore.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@delcowizzid is making over 400rwhp from his Buick engine drag car.

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Currently I'm running a mildly ported l36 manifold/ heads with stock throttle body stock cam/ computer and a cheap gtx35/82r knock off and it's getting 120mph trap speed on screaming 205s and slipping trans,total build cost under 4k! at 5500rpm I'm making a lil over 400rwhp at factory rev limit too!my best et with a t3/4 was 12.7 with nearly 300rwhp now its a pig off boost then goes all smokey with an extra 100 hp its a second slower but 10 mph faster lol,I'm putting another motor together with new bearings, studs and some more mace goodies and a better converter to get some boost off the line I'm pretty confident I will get an easy 12 if I can get a reliable launch

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The issue I see with the V6 engines is their ports are poo. There would need to be a lot of welding done on the port floors to raise the roofs right up to angle the air in better.
From what I've seen older engines with ports closer to 90deg to the radius of the cylinder seem to just suck at making power. Whereas later engines with steeper angles into the cylinder perform much better.

If someone had the time to weld and port one to rasie the floor and roof I'm sure the heads will pick up flow and make a higher flowing manifold worthwhile.
Atm I can't see the manifold being restrictive on stock ports.

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Cool the few i follow here in Wa i think are running in production class speedway an around the 220-235rwhp.... ,mine is making 295@ the wheels Nat. asperated few years ago when i was playing with on the street

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cool the few i follow here in Wa i think are running in production class speedway an around the 220-235rwhp.... ,mine is making 295@ the wheels Nat. asperated few years ago when i was playing with on the street
How have you achieved that on an NA Buick? That's 220kw. I thought stroker with some mods might pull 150rwkw. Large cam and porting I would have though maybe 180kw.

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Is a COME 4.2stroker crank with there "H" beam rods an wiseco forged piston on 80'thou bore, 11-1comp. "Solid roller" camshaft, spec's by Wade cams & ground by Ivan Tighe, Heads an manifold ported (heads fitted with stainless ferrera valve,titanium retainers & Pac double spring at 180lb). EMS Ecu, Pacemaker extractors with twin 2.5inch into single 3 inch exhaust, through a trimatic gearbox with a 36oo stall..... Alot of other work aswell. will find the dyno sheet an time sheets from the drags!