Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec into VN

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
dont worry mate, we'll fix that up next week, and have some fun while we're at it, got 2 spare tyres? oh, ive got a few spares :p

rapt0rdizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
well just bought my VP a few weeks ago and already spent $1.5k on the sound system so far... and i have big plans for teh car. Was considering getting an ECOTEC engine myself and dropping it in. Though after reading this thread I have pretty much shunned that idea. No doubt the results would be pretty fkn awesome and unique to say the least. From the sounds of it id kill myself b4 it would be finished. The time, Money and Frustration would kill me twice over. Kudo's to u Mat for seeing this all through. But ill probably most likley end up getting a Reco Buick from a VP (mines done 230k and want to get a fresh engine b4 i start on the engine mods) so i can just slot it in basically without the piss farting around with all the wrecker's visits etc.

Anyway gj with it all.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
well just bought my VP a few weeks ago and already spent $1.5k on the sound system so far... and i have big plans for teh car. Was considering getting an ECOTEC engine myself and dropping it in. Though after reading this thread I have pretty much shunned that idea. No doubt the results would be pretty fkn awesome and unique to say the least. From the sounds of it id kill myself b4 it would be finished. The time, Money and Frustration would kill me twice over. Kudo's to u Mat for seeing this all through. But ill probably most likley end up getting a Reco Buick from a VP (mines done 230k and want to get a fresh engine b4 i start on the engine mods) so i can just slot it in basically without the piss farting around with all the wrecker's visits etc.

Anyway gj with it all.

no point getting a standard reco'd engine if you intend to mod it. build it to suit your mods, head porting, cam, CR, rockers etc etc etc you'll like the results better

Wardy5441

Vn wanting more power
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
hi i want to do the same thing as Hozy but i want to run the whole vs wiring trans and motor incl dash can this be done and roughly how long as i need it asap coz my motor and trans are about to go on me thanks

bloanwh

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh
vn ecotec

hi all just finshed my vn ecotec i went the vt motor and box but i put a vs loom and computer now looking back it wasnt that hard because the vs loom plugs straght in to the vn s2 loom and all i had to get was a chip off drbob, i even used my vn exhausts from the headders back its a good car to drive thanks all for all your posts thay realy helped

otto.lowmow

nipples
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
hey man .
got the same problem with my vp but superchaged ecotec need some help

otto.lowmow

nipples
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
hey hello hozy . how did you do ive got the same thing. putting ecotec superchaged into vp