Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec lower inlet manifold

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Hi all, just doing the lower intake manifold gasket on a VS.
My question is; is it possible to install the intake manifold on it's own (ie without injectors and plenum.)
Or does it have to be installed as a 'unit'?
Cheers,Mark.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Mark,

You have to pre-install the injectors to underside of the upper plenum and then lower that complete assembly onto the top of the lower intake manifold (valley) and bolt it down. So yes the valley should be installed on it's own prior to the rest being done. Ensure to apply a bit of Vasoline onto and around the O rings of the injectors prior to slipping them back into their openings in the valley. Not too much but enough to create an easy slipping action into place.

Last edited:

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
can be installed on its own and injectors and upper plenum can be popped on after just make sure you have the correct gaskets etc no point doing it all twice, if you have a workshop manual (can be found online) it tells you how to do it all and whats needs to be installed in what order

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Thanks guys, I have a workshop manual but it wasn't really clear how it was put back together,I thought it should go but wasn't sure if the injectors would line up.I tried putting it back together in separate parts and it all worked out but the heater tube was hard to get in what a carp idea that is...