Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec mace bolt-on products review

MACE

Reaction score
Just ordered the rockers this afternoon , looking forward to their arrival , will be interesting what benefits I get from them along with my current mods , cold air intake , throttle body , insulator , plenum spacer , PCM tune , headers and exhaust , should be good .
You'll be happy with it :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
You'll be happy with it :)

All the the mods that I have brought from Mace in the past have been top notch , always happy to oblige with advice and tips . Steve run's a good business .

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
My VT acclaim has headers and exhaust, bigger tb, 25mm manifold spacer aunger big mouth cai, MSD ignition, 1.98:1 rockers (not fitted yet) and memcal (turned up this morning). Can't wait till the rockers and memcal are in and see how she goes

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Putting a deposit on a wrecked VS roller rockers (sorry mace he's offering 450 for them and they've done less than 1000km hah) but keen to get manifold and plenum spacers soon, got the other bolt ons and for the most part working well. Lovely hearing the induction sound of the Cai when you start the car up and give her a rev

red boonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sl
Hi people:wave:
Anybody contemplating intake maifold gasket replacement,I highly recommend Mace's Aluminium set.So much better than the plastic!!:thumbsup:
Cheers Bernie.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
$1500...? If i spent that much on modifications i'd sure as hell want to know what kind of gain i'd gotten for my $$.

And gauging performance increase by counting road markers is about as accurate as a stopwatch.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
$1500...? If i spent that much on modifications i'd sure as hell want to know what kind of gain i'd gotten for my $$.

And gauging performance increase by counting road markers is about as accurate as a stopwatch.

I gauge power increases by the speed I can get to at the "every k over is a killer" sign just out of town.
It's quite effective.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hey ,well after a couple of problems , my rockers are on the car , thanks to the combined efforts from the guys at Mace , and to the boys at my local Holden Dealer , particularly Graeme the service manager , and technician Aaron , it's all good to go , took it for a proper run this morning , and with my other mods ,and the rockers it has a more punch at the mid to high range , enough to give a small push back in the seat , it seems more ready to rev as well . Here is a list of the mods to the car - in no particular order .

69mm polished throttle body
PCM tune , because my auto played up a bit
12mm plenum spacer
12mm manifold insulator
82 degrees thermostat
SS Growler induction
high ratio rockers , with push rods ( those with a VX may have the same problems as the VY )
polished rocker covers
thermo wrapped headers
2.5 sports exhaust

MACE

Reaction score
Hey ,well after a couple of problems , my rockers are on the car , thanks to the combined efforts from the guys at Mace , and to the boys at my local Holden Dealer , particularly Graeme the service manager , and technician Aaron , it's all good to go , took it for a proper run this morning , and with my other mods ,and the rockers it has a more punch at the mid to high range , enough to give a small push back in the seat , it seems more ready to rev as well . Here is a list of the mods to the car - in no particular order .

69mm polished throttle body
PCM tune , because my auto played up a bit
12mm plenum spacer
12mm manifold insulator
82 degrees thermostat
SS Growler induction
high ratio rockers , with push rods ( those with a VX may have the same problems as the VY )
polished rocker covers
thermo wrapped headers
2.5 sports exhaust
Ah glad to hear that the car is running better then ever now Ian :D