Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec noise

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
Thanks to all replies , put the compression tester on today , all plugs good and around 150psi ! they must of shaved the heads aswell when they did the head gaskets etc , i was sorta hoping around 135 , but even if tester is out somewhat thats pretty good i reckon , whats it supposed to be ? , by the wat after i warmed it up to do test i reved it up by linkage , and hardly a noise , couldnt believe it !, got my new oil pressure tester comming latter in week so just have to wait till then to find out more , cheers...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try not to drive by walls in the future....a lot less hassles.:surprise:

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi ,drove car at 130 kmh (accidentally ) and oil light/chime came on pulled over , lifters took a while to settle car running real ruff , drive home sedatley and all back to normal. Oil pressure tester came today and results were cold idle 64psi 2000 rpm 70 psi , hot 58 psi and 66 psi respectivly , go figure , seems o'k' to me ???????.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Bad oil pressure switch Maybe?

I guess you could hook up an oil pressure gauge and constantly monitor while driving.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Are you my clone? LOL.

Same here, engine rebuilt, pacemakers, not exhaust gasket, can hear next to walls/cars/stuff, mechanics have no idea, and my ear is getting sore from having a screwdriver up against it from trying to find the noise.

Yep I have the same thing and our l67 has pacemaker extractors too and its near imposible to find the noise and I heared so many other v6 's with it too Series2 and ecotech or l67

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 , i can get a deal off of a mate changeover for 140th=km engine and auto out of a minor damadged ( body ) vt , 700$ or there abouts , i reckon ill grab it , i dont like the sound of my motor , after reflecting on it a while , i thing my motor has cam/cam bearings , lifter or even gudgeon damadge.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina