Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec or alloytec

ecotec or alloytec

• Total voters

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I know I'm about to piss a lot of P platers/bogans off whose mates think their car sounds "killa" just because it's loud

Ecotec - Has the exhaust note of me after a bad curry.

Alloytec - Has teh exhaust note of my entire family after a bad curry.
Alloytec doesn’t sound that bad with a stock SV6 exhaust when you get up it for the rent. It’s quiet at lower rpm’s cruising around, which I think is intentional from Holden as it would sound like crap if it made noise at low rpm’s.

The problem comes when you try and put an aftermarket exhaust on it, which just makes it sound like shite everywhere in the rev range.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Alloytec doesn’t sound that bad with a stock SV6 exhaust when you get up it for the rent. It’s quiet at lower rpm’s cruising around, which I think is intentional from Holden as it would sound like crap if it made noise at low rpm’s.

The problem comes when you try and put an aftermarket exhaust on it, which just makes it sound like shite everywhere in the rev range.

Oh I completely agree, I've got an LLT with the stock twin exhaust and the SS mufflers on my run about and it sounds great, not that you can really hear it from outside the car at all.

A good V6 is a quiet V6 :)

Unfortunately 99% of enthusiasts with V6's don't keep their exhausts stock.

A guy that lives across the road from me has a VZ with an xforce exhaust on it and it wakes me up at 5am every morning with it's solid "buuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" exhaust note at idle and it doesn't change with acceleration, it just makes the same shitty noise but louder "BUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH"

Last edited: