Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Perfomance

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Just thought i would ask as i am having trouble finding decent imformation elsewhere, Now i no there a V6 and not a race car, But i just wondered how much bang for you buck you actually get for upgrades. I have read 0-100kmph stock out of factory was about low to mid 8's? How much would that be improved with a race chip? Or a shift kit? A cold air intake even? and anything else that isnt overall expensive :)

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
well with my stock v6 i had 0-100knh times of ~ 9.8s. But 8 seconds...bullshit, my stock M5 VS clubby doesnt get much better than that at full chat...

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
A friend ran 7.8 in a stock vn exec. Had an exhaust... My VS with full airbag kit and subs etc(Heavy) ran an 8, can't rember the . (8.??)

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
well with my stock v6 i had 0-100knh times of ~ 9.8s. But 8 seconds...bullshit, my stock M5 VS clubby doesnt get much better than that at full chat...
I had Several Runs, Ranging from 8.1-10.1 Timed and before i had the passenger to time it i counted a mid-late 7 On a smoother stretch of road ( Power button seemed to make a difference on same stretch of road ), Its Chipped, S2 Shift kited, S2 Shift Module, MSD coils, 255's on the back And freshly Serviced. I am near sure it was dead flat. Like i said i had only read low to mid 8's when they were brand new less the 1,000 On the clock. But it was only words not evidence.

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
Well IMO a completley stock vs v6 auto wont get into 8's unless you start pulling weight out of it

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
not sure of 0-100 times but a mate of mine has a VT ecotec that does a 12.7 down the qtr! ... but its a forged engine, cammed (still 3.8ltr) twin throttle bodies full exhaust, built auto with a small stall annnnnd a 75shot of nos :p

i must say though after being in that thing it gave me more respect for the lil 6 banger!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Well IMO a completley stock vs v6 auto wont get into 8's unless you start pulling weight out of it
A brand new VS commodore most likely was able to do it (proven by many car reviews when it was new) which is what the OP is referring to!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Very possible :) Also either something is wrong with your car or your a **** driver to get 8sec 0-100 in a manual clubsport.

realistically, an 8sec 0-100 is very possible.... (mine isnt a vs, but its a vn and does 8sec 0-100 on gas lol)