Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec to VN/VP

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
can't see why not, you would just need to change the cooling system to suit the ecotec set up or alter the ecotec cooling system to suit the s1 set up. The VN s1 cooling setup has it's advantages, most of the late model cars use similar set ups

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 + 98 Jackaroo 3L TDi
well the vp gear box is attached to the ecotec. sensors are made to fit and just running the loom to the gb... has anyone got plans/dimentions for the exhaust? ive got the stock manifolds on it, and the vp system (irs) up to the cat. from there i have nothing. got to get one made up i assume. if anyone can think of drawings it would be extremely appreciated. thanks in advance, phil

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
you'd need to source a y branch peice from a vs which has the cat welded to it if you want to keep the stock manifolds, then get that welded to your existing catback.

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok cool ive got a y piece already. thanks mate i have a time budget of this week... lol cutting it down to the line. plus its gonna be raining the next few days so it will be interesting...

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
engine is in the engine bay! so glad. its been raining all day and it stopped for about 2 hrs... tomorrow providing the weather holds off it will be getting connected up. once its all done ill post up all the pics ive taken.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
engine is in the engine bay! so glad. its been raining all day and it stopped for about 2 hrs... tomorrow providing the weather holds off it will be getting connected up. once its all done ill post up all the pics ive taken.

Hows it going mate?

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah didnt get anything done yesterday. had to work late. im just about to go out and start.... good thing its a long weekend for wa... lol

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
got everything hooked up but it doesnt seem to want to start. its turning over fine, fuel pressure is good, theres oil in it, all leads are good with new spark plugs. just doesnt want to fire! any advice?

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i got it running, but it wouldnt go into gear. so i swapped it for a mates vp calias. just a straight up swap. didnt have the time to keep messing around because im moving this week. shame though, all that time and money wasted. my mates gonna put a manual in it and get it runing good. he is better with cars than me so hopefully he gets it going good.

thanks for the help over this failure of a conversion. lost a lot of money but learned a few things so yeah, guess it was sort of worth it in the grand scheme of things