Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Twin throttle Body manifold

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
but it can be cheap.. its not good for the intake piping but i have other uses for for it so it not a big deal. I could use but it wont look like i want it too

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
any luck on the intake piping?

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
I had my piping made from 75mm intercooler piping left over from an off road buggy.

the_duke

Reaction score
How did that Dual Tb go?

Finished?

Is it being used?

Was it worth it?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
It was finshed and put on the car though he no longer has it

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 723

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Theres an easy way to go Single into twins Without creating too much turbulence.

Do some careful measuring of teh ID's of your TB's to start. Make sure the ID of yout single leg on your Y Pieces gives the same cross sectional area or a little greater than 2 x the cross sectional area of your TB's. The old DxPi helps here. D = Diameter, and always use Inside measurements.

To split the flow evenly, , you use an Oval shape rather than pure round - with the longer axis of the oval, lying in the same plane as the split. So if your splitting with legs to left & right, the oval's long axis also runs left to right.

So grab your oval feeder pipe, then slide 2 x twin rounds inside it. Yes I know it's not exact, but I havent done the math. Tack weld everything in place.

Through the mouth of the oval, grind away anything that obstructs unnecessarily. thin out the center join, smooth out the dges of the inner pipes. Now you have a 2 into 1.

This is very high on efficiency, but there is always some losses. It's round into round that is turbulent, oval to round much less so.

Thats the basic technique, of course I have left out a whole lot of work that needs to be done in preperation, measurement and fitting.

Cheers

ibzzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
vn v6 twin throttle bodies

hey boys im from sydney and just wondering if there are any places in sydney that build twin throttle bodies if so can urs give me some contacts thanks.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
mace engineering do them you can buy them through ebay usually

choppajw93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt skid car ve ss ute and bmw m3 family car
could anyone send me a how to with the twin overhead throttle bodies on the ecotec v6 its for a burnout car so the fact it dont clear the bonnet is good

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Have a look on ebay, they pop up on there occasionally ( I think I saw one within the last week).