Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec V6 mods & info..... "PLEASE HELP"

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
E 85 will eat out all your fuel line seals, etc!!!

Shouldn't be that bad.

Ecotec fuel lines under the bonnet are all plastic lined. The only old style rubber fuel lines are the short bits around the fuel tank and fuel filter which should be easy enough to change out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ya can get 240 with stock heads and manifolds on a stock vn computer (yes ecotec) so ya should be able to get pretty close to 300 with allowing it to breath with some head and manifold porting and set of tractors and a aftermarket computer allowing a better tune to suit.

300hp has been done before n/a by another forum member. However I wouldn't recommend getting an after market PCM as the factory one is more than capable of doing the job and in many cases does it better than expensive after market PCM's. Your best bet is to learn to tune it yourself. Get on the PCMhack website and start learning.

BTW, I don't think tractors work well with Commodores.......

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
300hp has been done before n/a by another forum member. However I wouldn't recommend getting an after market PCM as the factory one is more than capable of doing the job and in many cases does it better than expensive after market PCM's. Your best bet is to learn to tune it yourself. Get on the PCMhack website and start learning.

BTW, I don't think tractors work well with Commodores.......

But think how much torque you could get with 2 tractors!