Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU Monitoring and Tuning

pommedean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hi All, Fairly newly registered to this forum, but have been a reader for a long while.

Hope someone can help with giving me some information, i already tried to search but havent found exactly what im looking for.

ok firstly, i have a 1989 Commodore VN supercharged 3.8L V6

what i wish to do is have a way of monitoring various running aspects of the engine managment system using a laptop. and thereby being able to monitor sensor readings and check in realtime what the ECU is registering.

id then like to be able to modify the ECU mappings using the Laptop in realtime so i can tune and tweak to my leisure while the car is running and monitor the changes as they are made.

the question now is, what hardware and software do i need for this? do i need some kind of piggyback ecu, or a standalone replacement programmable one?

please be kind enough to teach me a little :thumbsup:

pommedean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
thanks alot for that delco, gona have a good read on that site n work summin out.
thanks again!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i allways tell people dont buy chips from ebay unless its from "nicefrog" i cant remember who posted that link over there i should remove it LOL

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute