Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU Replacement.

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by GenoCide, May 15, 2019.

1. GenoCide

GenoCide Member

Members Ride:
    99 VT Calais
    I have been searching and having no luck in finding any info at all regarding Haltech Elite 2500 or a piggyback system on a 07 VE Commy with an LE0 high output v6 motor. Is it possible to wire up the Haltech Elite 2500? And if it is not what needs to be done to make it all work as one? or am i barking up the wrong tree? Any feedback is welcome cheers fellas.

2. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    No piggyback systems as there aren't any ECUs which have the ability to electronically control the gearbox, the same for the Haltech (not to mention building a new loom is a pretty mammoth job). What are you doing that makes you need another ECU?

Just FYI too, the LEO isn't the High Output Alloytec.

3. GenoCide

GenoCide Member

Members Ride:
    99 VT Calais
    I thought it was a high output motor anyways I'm planning to do some work to the motor cams side mount super charger or turbo and I thought it would be easier to tune with a haltech than the factory ecu once the work has been done to the motor..

4. 07GTS

07GTS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VEGTS BLOWN E85
    im not sure on the 6cyl tunes as some can be limited adjustability but the factory ecu has plenty of scope for it if u have a good ecu with the adjustability

5. GenoCide

GenoCide Member

Members Ride:
    99 VT Calais
    Well considering my car is an Ex Police Pack surely it should have some stuff still there i mean the computer i'm pretty sure it is well thats stuffed under the drivers side foot well plastic trim not even secure. Also another question since its a Ex police what things are still there and what has been removed?