Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecu req for auto to man conversion and g box cross member

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
ok my auto just blew up and i know where i can get a clubsport 5 speed set up question is do i need the ecu aswell to convert to manual and are trans tunnels the same (ie) wil the manual trandmission cross member bolt up to my car being a factory auto
cheers doug

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
This was my reasoning for going manual...except it took me four times to come to my senses lol.

You can either use the entire manual loom and computer off the conversion kit, or get a special memcal made up for the auto computer so that you can run the auto loom, you will need to cut and shut a bit to get everything working but its not complicated.

And the cross member should bolt straight into your car, I converted my auto to a manual and it was a straight bolt over.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
The manual and auto crossmembers are different, but will bolt up to the same spot on the trans tunnel without any dramas.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I have heard that if it's a VS ECU then you can run the manual speed sensor into the vacant pin thats for the Manual VSS and just get a tune.
VR you cant just get a tune because the Auto ECU cant read the pulse from the Manual VSS and doesn't have this blank pin like the VS one.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Yes Wavez is most probably right, I was thinking Vr as thats what my car is.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
it's cool i have it sorted you dont need the manual ecu unless you want a speedo cause the manual and auto use different sorts of pickup ones a tranducer and one is a hall effect so there you go its cool im just getting the clubsport ecu with this manual gearbox