Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU

David Rieck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute and VY Calais
Hey guys , Is the ECU in 2002 VU v6 ute the same as 2004 VY v6 . want to swap it out of my vy to see if it fixes an issue .

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Security won't let the car start if you swap ecus.what issue are you trying to fix

David Rieck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute and VY Calais
have a rough idle/miss. it all points to #1 cylinder. swapped out all the sensors bar oxygen and crank . checked for vac leaks , even a mechanic said it was a faulty #1 injector . So full set of injectors went in . Still no joy . cleaned the maf and swapped it out as well . cleaned the throttle body .

David Rieck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute and VY Calais
swapped out coils , leads and plugs, swapped dfi modal, compression test done it was ok

middlesbrokid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais supercharged v6
Hi I am having major start problems from time to time I have notice there's a little (x) in the climate control window. Everything I have read to date is telling me its the ecu. I have purchase another one and wanting to fit it (but) it seems that I will need a scantool or get the vats removed, will this allow me to change them over and have the car run without a scantool, can anyone shed any light on this. I was told by the so called experts that changing the bcm would fix this (ha ha ). Problem still there and getting worse I have noticed when running right, the gearbox position is displayed in the window on the dash briefly and further research is pointing to the ECU

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi I am having major start problems from time to time I have notice there's a little (x) in the climate control window. Everything I have read to date is telling me its the ecu. I have purchase another one and wanting to fit it (but) it seems that I will need a scantool or get the vats removed, will this allow me to change them over and have the car run without a scantool, can anyone shed any light on this. I was told by the so called experts that changing the bcm would fix this (ha ha ). Problem still there and getting worse I have noticed when running right, the gearbox position is displayed in the window on the dash briefly and further research is pointing to the ECU
I have a vt with climate control & used the hvac climate control on a vy. Different boxes, but both do the same thing.
I was getting x in the climate control window. Took it to the the auto electricians. He said something about an actuator being broken.
Took it home & checked the wiring plugs were in tight. One wasn't, so after pushing it properly in, no more x in the window.
Check all the plugs for BCM. Maybe you have loose plugs?
Its something you can try yourself, without costing anything except some time.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Your throwing parts at it costing you a fortune take it to a different mechanic