Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
  1. wato44

wato44 New Member

Members Ride:
    vu ute
    Hello, Im going to remove the front seats in my vu storm ute to give the carpet a good vacuum and shampoo and ive read a few posts here on front seat removal saying you have to disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes, something to do with the airbags. So what is the connection between the front seats and the two front airbags that its necessary to disconnect the battery? Thanks for the education

2. accentstencil

accentstencil Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WH II Caprice, 5.7 2017 Captiva.
    It you have side airbag you will need to disconnect the battery. Side airbags usually have a tag on the side of the seat and also and SRS airbag sign on the B pillar.
    You also have the seat belt pretensioners to worry about, so to be safe and to avoid the airbag warning light staying on, disconnect the negative battery terminal.

3. wato44

wato44 New Member

Members Ride:
    vu ute
    ok so since i don't have side airbags its because of the seat belt pretensioners i should disconnect the negative battery terminal only then wait fifteen minutes before i remove the seat? Thanks for that

4. accentstencil

accentstencil Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WH II Caprice, 5.7 2017 Captiva.
    If you have the stock radio you will need the PIN for it when you reconnect the battery.