Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Effectiveness Of Addidtives and cleaners in cars

A

albino1986

Just wondering what the general perspective is on treating your car with additives eg:

Petrol Cleaner
Injector Cleaner
worn Engine

and so on

I just got some petrol tank cleaner and injector cleaner cause my commodore was hesitating heavily around the time it came to change gears.

Mechanic and so on said the main reason would probably be a batch of dirty petrol so i'm hoping this combination of cleaners will help irradicate this problem

thanks guys and gurls

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
ive just been running injector cleaner really stong 3 tanks worth in in 1 or 2 tnaks but i have noticed it runs cleaner, although i cleaned the throotle bodie and flushed radiator at the same time... and long distance trips i use fuel tabs... i mean dyna tabs, there ok

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
GMH have and Top end engine cleaner I saw yesty. It had to be a 1:80 concentraiton and oyu run the tank almost empty before a refill. Surprising seeing the manual says don't use any additives on the Ecotec!

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I used injector cleaner in my car. I'm on dual fuel and with these petrol prices my injectors don't get much use..

I put a bottle in with a tank of PULP and there's a noticable change in performance.. I doubt it's only due to the PULP..