Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] efi 6 small mods?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Not going to carby.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
gas it using GRA , increase plenum chamber capacity by moving throttle body away from the manifold with a tube spacer , just depends where you want to increase torque .

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Would moving the TB honestly make that much difference?

I mean seriously, the intake is about 4ft long as it is.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Would moving the TB honestly make that much difference?

I mean seriously, the intake is about 4ft long as it is.

to a bog stock engine very little with worked engines can make a difference to the torque curve depends on what you want the engine to do and where the torque is needed the most . work i have done in the past on my straight sixes has had mixed results some good some not so good . VK injected manifolds and GRA are a good combo the runners give good results with a regrahed dizzy and stage two 2 cam , shaved head comp ratio of 11.1 , cold air intakes , 3 inch stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust systems , ported head , depends how far you want to go before saying stuff and throw an V8 in it and be done with it .

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah no doubt, but for the average joe the 308 is a MUCH easier prospect.

I've seen a fuel injected 202 turbo charged before. The thing went of its nut. I think it pushed just shy of 400hp on relatively low boost (12psi from memory). So I know it can be done.
Its just a lot more effort for the average joe. Considering the title says Small mods, I think half the stuff that will make good power out of the 202 wont fall into that category.