Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 efi 6cyl vl to efi v8 wiring diagrams

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
hey all as stated above im trying to find wiring digrams to convert a 6cyl vl to efi v8.and yes before some one shoots me down lol i have searched all over the place.

dont forget im after efi6 to efi8 wiring not carby v8 to efi v8 witch i have found and i have used the bits and peices i could off that already but still unsure on a few things

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
What more do you need than each wiring diagram, six and eight? . If you can't drive a multimeter and a test light and read a wiring diagram you probably should get ready for either a steep learning curve or a lot of pain or both. My own first conversion (On a euro) involved buckets of both and I had some idea what I was doing. If you come out with some specific questions you'll probably get some answers, if you're looking for a step by step mate I would say good luck with that.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
you may want to read what i posted again lol

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
And your specific questions are?

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
no conversion diagram, just get the EFi wiring diagram and a multimeter. serously, the wiring is not hard.... there are like 6 wires that you need to hook up off the EFI looom to get it to run. ask specific questions for the wires you are not sure bout and youll get specific answers on what to do with that wire.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
i know its roughly 4-5 wires on eng loom and bout 6 to dash....

i want to double check my work with a diagram.

cheers

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
ok i have power to all the rite places now,relays are now clicking but except one minor thing witch is listed below[im not getting power to this wire although im getting power to ecu as i have used a test light on the power wire for it....

Positive(+) power supply for fuel pump (via oil pressure switch) when ignition is switched on. Need to connect this violet wire [from eng loom]to relay pin 30 (this will be the fuel pump relay) via a 30amp fuse (before connection to pin 30 on relay)
also you will need to connect a wire from your fuel pump (+) with this violet wire to relay pin 30 (so two wires go on the same pin on relay) as this will give power to the oil pressure switch and fuel pump when the ignition is switched on

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
doesnt sound like its hooked up right..... you dont actually NEED the oil pressure switch hooked up, its just as a backup to trigger the fuel pump via oil pressure in case the relay or ECU fails. you only need one wire per terminal on the relay. .ECU pin A1 - grey-white goes to trigger (85). other side of trigger (86) goes to earth. 87 goes to battery + , 30 goes to Fuel pump. that will get the car running. next part is optional. thick purple wire from oil pressure switch goes to pin 87A.
oil pressure switch will get its + from the same thick red wire as the coil and injectors and will feed it to the purple wire when it gets oil pressure, providing a backup in case the relay doesnt trigger.