Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eGay Radiators

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
got a brand new one of ebay 10 months ago for $90 and its fine

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
levymetal your best askin the seller ,then i got my radiator it didnt come with a cap.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yep i checked just to confirm and it comes with the cap. i'm really suss about my current cap, it's the correct one... but i've had leaks from everywhere after i stop the car, like it's not releasing enough pressure.

bought it now, can't wait for it to be delivered. i'll also grab a new thermostat and top radiator hose while i'm at it. already put in a new pump, may as well make sure everything is nice and new :)

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
i'm running a china alloy radiator in the vn.

the only problem is that the cap is a bit sticky - not in a bad way, just it doesn't feel perfect when you close it up.... but that's all

as far as cooling is concerned, it keeps the car at whatever temp you dial the thermo fans on under back to back full power dyno runs.

as far as the whole china thing goes - i don't reckon there's that many rad core manufacturers in austalia... and you'd be paying HEAPS for a 100% aussie core, and aussie welds.

i think there's a mob called "just alloy radiators" that do china cores with aussie welds - they come about half way up the price range (but don't quote me on this!)

other than that - ebay special china cores with china welds. - but they seem to have proven that they're up to the task anyway. (in melbourne anyway :p)

as for the look of them - the alloy concept is a bit fancy looking, however the weld and build quality could be a bit better (looks wise - it seems to be strong enough!)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i ditched the idea of buying a new radiator and instead turbo'd and intercooled my car.

vp_new_radiator.jpg

just kidding :p yeah it looks real good, no leaks yet so i am happy with the radiator so far. however i am a bit pissed off because i bought a new thermostat, and when i took the old one out i realise it was 88 degrees and my new one is 91 degrees. i'm pretty sure 91 is actually correct, but now the temp gauge sits a smidgen over half as opposed to a quarter. and that's annoying :p. that was idling for 15 minutes though, maybe when driving it will sit a little lower.

morton, you would love the alloy radiators, i should have weighed both new and old but the new one is bigger and it was probably about half the weight as the old one. maybe my old one is full of poo though, i'm not too sure.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'm running a china alloy radiator in the vn.

the only problem is that the cap is a bit sticky - not in a bad way, just it doesn't feel perfect when you close it up.... but that's all

i got a china alloy too, the cap i got was chained to it and a bit sticky like the spring was too springy .
a while later i took the cap off to check levels, and the spring was dead, disconnected from the lid, just keep an eye on it is all i'm saying.

VNwazza

VS S Series III Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
None ATM
The cap doesn't fit properly on the one I got from oakleigh, and it leaks even after trying to file it and get it on. I wouldn't buy another one.