Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eGay Radiators

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Hey everyone,

I did a search for this but couldn't find much information about it. My radiator decided to wet itself all over the ground, so now I need to buy a new one. I saw that Morton bought one off eBay last year, but no one else had seemed to. I was wondering if anyone now has one, and if they're any good.

The two I'm looking at are:
aluminum radiator Holden V8 Commodore VG VL VN VP VS - eBay Other Performance Parts, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Jun-09 18:39:36 AEST)
Holden Commodore Radiator, VL VN VP VR, V8, 88-93, - eBay, Cooling Systems, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Jun-09 15:19:31 AEST)

Now, the Shanghai **** is cheaper. And it has a thicker core. But it's from Shanghai. the one from Blackburn looks a little better, it's also made of copper/brass instead of aluminium. Don't know which material is better.

Which one would you guys go for?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I got off for the VP off Egay about 2 years ago man. It's still working fine. Got it from some dodgy asians in Oakleigh lol.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I got off for the VP off Egay about 2 years ago man. It's still working fine. Got it from some dodgy asians in Oakleigh lol.

+1 on Cobez. Got a radiator off ebay from the Asians in Oakleigh as well. I got the wrong one from them, and they happily gave me and exchange a week later.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
couple of years back i bought a cheap $130(?) one off ebay, hasn't missed a beat or cracked. the welch plugs need doing in my engine which might be a symptom of dodginess but more likely is it's just not been done for ages.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I bought mine from an eBay bloke up in the Sunshine Coast. VS V8 radiator - Alloy with plastic header tanks. $220.

Let me know if anyone finds a good thick alloy radiator WITHOUT a trans fluid core. I'm going to be needing one of those later this year :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i bought a 60mm thick alloy one from ebay, his username is kingswood country, only thing i found wrong with it was the core was slightly curved on the top... didnt affect the way it mounts or anything and it was only $310 delivered

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
i bought a 60mm thick alloy one from ebay, his username is kingswood country, only thing i found wrong with it was the core was slightly curved on the top... didnt affect the way it mounts or anything and it was only $310 delivered

I've bought a 2 off the same guy. No leaks so far in both cars :thumbsup: