Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EGR Gasket

sa_vyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 V6 Executive
Does anyone have a source for a EGR valve gasket for VY V6? So far Repco and Burson have nothing, and Holden tell me the part is discontinued (part #92064279 the local dealer advised).

Although solved the worst of the misfire issues by cleaning TB, still having issues and fault code that keeps reappearing after clearing says "EGR position error" so before I fork out dollars for a new EGR valve I thought I'd try cleaning this one, but I figure that'd mean I'd need a new gasket.... which is hard when nobody seems to sell them!

Any solutions???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Very common fault on the ecotec, it gums up with carbon and triggers that fault. You can use a liquid gasket maker in place of the gasket.

sa_vyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 V6 Executive
Very common fault on the ecotec, it gums up with carbon and triggers that fault. You can use a liquid gasket maker in place of the gasket.

Thanks, time to head to Repco for some liquid gasket. Looking at the site I'm assuming I'd need the higher temp one for an EGR?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Although solved the worst of the misfire issues by cleaning TB.

Any solutions???
No help with your problem but this goes to show that cleaning a TB does help fix issues.
There was some comments a while back from a few people that claimed cleaning the TB does nothing and is just a waste of time.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Cleaning the TB helps because you are cleaning the carbon out of the IAC port. Has the same effect as a dodgy accelerator pump on a carby, will give a flat spot.