Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ek Holden commy auto

Black dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
62 EK 355
Hello, I'm blackdog from sunny coast and have a 1962 ek holden. It has all commodore
Running gear in it that's why I'm here.i bought the car already done a few years ago from a young fella who said he put all vs ss commy gear in it.
Now for a few questions it has a t700 with kick down cable did the vs come out with this auto
or only with a 4l60e
Anyway the auto **** itself and now I've got the 4l60e but looks like the wires that go to the box are missing or been cut of the harness. Do I need these wires connected ? Will the box work if I just manually shift the stick? Help would be appreciated

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VS only had a 4L60e. T700 is VN/VP.

The 4l60e needs the ECU to operate, line pressure and shift points etc... Since the EK is running the hydraulic box, it's likely the 4L60e won't work without another memcal if it's running a VR/VS ECU. If it's a VN/VP ECU the 4l60e won't work with it anyway.

You can try to use it manually but it's really not optimal, I wouldn't be doing it long term that's for sure.