Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ek ute dial up beware picture heavy

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
thermos switched earth blue with white trace at ecu

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thermos switched earth blue with white trace at ecu

thanks mate, i knew which wire it was just didnt know if it was -ve or +ve.

cheers shane

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
last night i decided to test if the thermo cut in when the motor gets hot. before it got hot it chucked a conrod out the side of the block. so i decided to strip the vn and get rid of the body.
after i got all the bolt ons out i needed to cut the transmission tunnel out and some of the floor.

lesson for today, remove carpet before using grinder. i cut through all the floor i could with a tomahawk,
then i cut through the strengthening rails with the grinder. the underlay started to smoulder, so i grabbed the hose, this is the result.
vnburnt003.jpg

vnburnt004.jpg

cheers shane

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
lol classic thats what id have done too if it threw a rod though i wouldnt bother using a grinder to set it on fire:p

love how the heater core is just hanging there :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha fire brigade job was it or you get it out yourself

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i am now going to tag all the wireing in the ek.
not sure on the generator system, i know that the vn harness takes care of the charging part. i need to know how the alt light will work, i think its the brown wire and it switches the earth to the light but i am not totally sure, once i know how it works the oil and temp will be the same and i know which wires they are. there are 3 wires on the generator- black, blue and brown.
i have scanned as much of the wireing diagram that i could.
ek.jpg

cheers shane

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
today i got a second ute in for spares, am mates with the local scrap man so i swapped him for the vn and a vh.
tagged most of the ek wireing, should only have starter solenoid wire and 1 other 2 go.
the alt light has a short somewhere so i will need to fix that when i rewire to the buick, there should be enough. it is working at the regulator.
also took a sheet of 16guage to a local place to get it cut and some stengthening ribs presses into it .
got some cardboard to make templates of the flooring.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i am planning to start welding floor into the rear. need to work out what fuel tank i am going to use.
if i use the vn tank i dont have to work out how to put a pump into an ek tank.
just need to work out if the guages work the same.
i know that it wont read true but i am only worried when i am low cause i fill them and dont put small amounts in.
I know that the ek tank guage works by giving the guage +ve and the sender adjusts the amount of earth that goes to the guage. Is that how a vn one works?

Cheers Shane

lighty82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Off-Road Race Car
Hey all,

We are in the midle of doing this conversion in our race car (its a gutted VK). It didnt have any of the original wirin in it for the 202 (it only needs about 3 wire). Weve done all the wiring, and it fires on aerostart, but cant get it to fire on its own.

We definitely have fuel, if we disconnect the return line from the regulator, she fills a beer bottle pretty quick. So were thinking its probably the injectors. If I put a test light on the pins that go to the injectors, they are both live, is this right??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Im getting sick of this EFI crap, maybe we should have jst hotted up the 202!!!