Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ek ute dial up beware picture heavy

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
couldnt remember doing the starter solenoid wire, just had a look. there is another plug that has 2 wires, one is purple with a white trace and the other is brown.
i know that the puple one is the starter, that leaves the brown wire- is that alt light?
cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
F/P relay control is the trigger wire to trip the relay.the 2 thick oil pressure sender wires are pump control one to fused continuos power other teed into F/P output pin of relay so it bypasses relay and connects directly to the wire going to the pump.the little blue wire is the dash light.acc ones and tacho obviously just dont connect them since you dont want them .TCC goes to the torque convertor lock up solinoid wire on the trans.starter use the stock wire from the ute ignition key connected to the starter solinoid.then theres one wire that runs to the ecu to tell it you are cranking the engine ill find out which one that is for you.brown on the dfi is tacho maybe i got number 6 wrong ???? just dont connect it too anything for now

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
goto doctorbobs site memcals.com and get the vnv6 wiring diagram for more visuals to hook up the oil pressure fuel pump bypass etc

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thanks delco, i am no good with wireing diagrams, ik am going to try and learn.
on the 6 pin plug
i think you have number 2 wrong, if it is wired like that the petrol pump would go all the time, i think you mean ign.it is a solid orange wire.
where does number 3 go? it is a purple wire i looked at the wire diagrm and i think it is what i am thinking number 2 is

cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nah cause it only switches power to the pump when oil pressure is up so it doesnt run through that till the engines running its just a backup for when the relay or ecu trigger stuffs out so it still pump fuel.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
will wire that in tomorow.
i only have the 6 pin and the 2 pin hooked up, i can fire it up with some petrol in the tb. the fuel pump wasnt working so i tested the sender wire and it isnt sending power to the relay. is it something i have done? i havent had the motor running before so i am not sure that it didnt have a problem to start with.
also which wires control the thermo fan relay?

cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
pin 8 on the 8 pin plug for fan relay trigger all numbers are left to right with clips upwards then left to right on second row too.just hard wire the pump to 12 volts to fire it up and see if it goes

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i just had a thought are you wiring up to suit 12 volts coming from the ecu to trigger the pump as the ecu earths the wire to turn things on not 12 volts out i should of said earlier LOL

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thanks mate, i went and tried hardwireing it, it is doing the same thing. is there something else on that circuit that needs power? i dont know where the injectors power comes from.
i am now looking for a site that will help me understand wireing diagrams.

cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the wiring diagrams are peice of cake mate injectors get 12 volts switched through a relay with key on pin 6 on the 6 pin plug make the pump run and connect the pin 6 to 12 volts to power injectors and wind it over as long as you have the constant power for the ecu and the pink in the cabin on the plug near the ecu connected to power shell go if its firing with engine start the ecu is switching stuff ide say