Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ek ute dial up beware picture heavy

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
that brown one is the alt light, it wasnt on the alt properly.
there is definately 2 pink wires at the ecu plug. i will try and upload a pic later.
i just looked it is a 3/90 model vn.

cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
whichever pink goes to the ecu is the one you want to switch ignition on and off.the other could be the immobilizer feed or something. i dont have the harness i did the pinouts off here but i only wrote down 8 wires maybe you have an extra wire i didnt have.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i think the other pink one on that plug goes to the aldl connector ?

i had a memory of also seeing a pink with with a trace on it too, but i can't remember what colour and if it was that plug or not

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
some more pics.
ek049.jpg

eng in wires all pulled away
ek052.jpg

setup with jc on starting on the original vn harness
ek053.jpg

new harness mostly done and started to tape up
ek054.jpg

10 pin plug with adld plug.only has 8 wires. definately 2 pink wires, 1 at pin 2 and the other at pin 10.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i think pink with black trace is the ignition voltage input feed trough immobilizer if it has one.
Then after the immobilizer it turns to straight pink. where is that plug normally located?

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
according to my diagram the pink/black goes to the check engine light it is the brown/white wire from A5 on the ecm then goes to the aldl plug and from there goes to the check engine light .... and then onto fuse number 9 (+12v power)

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i think pink with black trace is the ignition voltage input feed trough immobilizer if it has one.
Then after the immobilizer it turns to straight pink. where is that plug normally located?

thats the plug next to the adld plug in the left kick panel, it goes from there into the harness that runs acroos to the tbar/radio etc.

to confuse things even more i just had a look and both pin 2 and 10 are pink with black trace on what i will call the tbar/radio loom and on the ecu loom the same pin out wires are straight pink.
i have 5 to a check eng light, will fuse it when it goes into the ek (only running 1 fuse atm)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the best bet is hook the multimeter onto each ecu wire without it connected an find where they go thats what i did i have a feeling that there is more than one colour of wiring between cars check which wire goes where against the ecu pinout diahrams

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
turns out this motor is stuffed, i left it running for a couple of minutes(no muffler so it has been to loud to leave going)and it started making bad conrod bearing knocks. I only left it going to find out if the wire to the thermos is a switched earth(to pin 85) or a switched +ve(pin 86).
Which one is it? I want to wire it in so i can strip the vn and get rid of the body.
Cheers Shane

Last edited: