Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ek ute dial up beware picture heavy

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
havent done anything for a while, i cant concentrate on anything.
have done built this
bbq017.jpg

bbq018.jpg

have the front of the bonnet to put on and santa has the blinker lenses and the mags
bbq019.jpg

will try and get to the ute soon. i have been fixing too many of my mates cars. will have to invest in some type of scanner to connect to the obd(or whatever they are called) plugs.

cheers shane

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Have got the motor and box in again. I cut the hr engine mounts from the x member. Made new mounts on the motor. Used vl mounts(what was here). Re-welded the x member mounts in thier new position.
Just mucking about with the tailshaft. Am thinking of using the vn tailshaft. It is too long. I need to get a shorter one or shorten what i have. Will have too see if there is a commy tailshaft 100mm shorter. Doesnt matter if its shorter in the front or rear section because i will make the centre bearing mount to suit.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Due to all the rain here, i have been able to do a bit. Have shortened the front piece of the tail shaft and dummy mounted it, i will mount it properly once the chassis kit is in. Have made a high flow left header:rolleyes:, dont matter how good they will flow as long as the exhaust gases get to the cat and beyond. I will re-direct the position of the cat once the chassis kit is in.I used vn series one headers bercause i can cut and weld as i need, i think the engine pipe is series 2 or vr due to the o2 sensor in it near the cat flange. Am using as much bolt on stuff as possible because it will be easy to source spares.
I want to front mount the steering rack but that means making a long steering shaft, it may be a lot easier to rear mount it so that the steering rack and steeing column etc will be straight bolt in commy.
exhaust012.jpg

exhaust004.jpg

exhaust006.jpg

exhaust008.jpg

exhaust009.jpg

exhaust011.jpg

Cheers Shane

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
yer any updates scince chrissytime?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
have done a bit of mucking around, have been really busy at work so not much time for the project.
have been doing some welding that cant really be seen also been mucking with front wheels tryin to work out a better way with the brakes. Have worked out if i go with as bigger rim that i dont need to use a hoppers stoppers kit or make my own. 17 inch rims clear the hq-wb pbr calipers just have to use a rim that has the correct centre or whatever is different between a hq-wb rim and a commy rim.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
done absolutley stuff all since feb, been way too busy. i also has the shits with welding the floor from underneath getting splatter all over me so i decided to build a rotisserie after finding them to be a grand or more to buy. with mates cars and stuff i have had no time to do much. i am currently on leave from my primary job to work at my casual job and have had a couple of days off due to breakdowns(am driving trucks).
i know it doesnt look pretty, but it does the job. i had to buy the blue x member(had it since march) and the 75mm angle welded together to make the upright. also used my old engine stand.
rotisery001.jpg

i would have made it lower if i didnt have a forklift. i made the post removeable, that way i can cut the in ground upright off at ground level so when it isnt being used it wont be in the way.
rotisery002.jpg

rotisery003.jpg

rotisery004.jpg

thats a left hand stub assembly form a vt, it came in to be changed cause they stripped one of the bolt holes for the caliper. i have drilled holes in the rotor so i can lock it into place. i have only set it up today, i am waitin for a mate to come around so we can turn it around.
rotisery005.jpg

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
had to modify the engine stand to allow the rotors to clear. could have removed the x member but decided to modify it so that it can be used for other cars as well. am glad i made it high as it only clears the ground by about 200mm which gives me enough room to do a wider car in the future.
rotisery001-2.jpg

rotisery002-1.jpg

am going to have to work out how i am going to lock it in place, i dont want to leave the tie downs out in the weather.
rotisery003-1.jpg