Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric aerial issues

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Last weekend I fitted a Sony MEX-N5200BT in my VZ Tonner
The issue I'm having is after turning the ignition off, the aerial will repeatedly go up and down about 6 inches
To get it to stop doing this I have to put the key in the ignition, turn it on to accessories and then turn the ignition off and remove the key again
The aerial then goes all the way up and then down, and stays down
If anyone else has had this happen before and could shed some light on it for me it would be much appreciated
The aerial also stays up when playing CD's, but apparently it's just a characteristic of the Sony stereos, so I am contemplating disconnecting the power to the aerial so it stays down all the time

Just to add...………
The stereo and all it's functions work fine
I replaced the power aerial a couple of years ago with a cheap aftermarket unit that has been working fine
I used Aerpro harness adaptors:
APP064
APP8SP3......As I never used the steering wheel controls with factory stereo anyway
APP064 primary harness was even wired correctly......Didn't have to swap the Red & Yellow wires to keep the stored radio stations

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
So to overcome this issue I took one end of the aerial power wire out of the harness connector, and then covered it with a couple of layers of heat shrink
Stereo still picks up all the local radio stations when cruising around town, so all good for now
I may put a switch in to power up the aerial if there are any reception issues when out of town in more remote areas